My best friend gave me a bunch of random video tapes once and in the collection was Mr. T's video "Be Somebody or Be Somebody's Fool". I never actually watched it, but I think I can hazard a guess at the topic.
I bet Mr. T says that you need to develop yourself as a person or else people will be taken advantage of by others. Of course, this is true no matter what age you are. We all have something we can be working on to improve ourselves. The same is true for your finances.
You have to plan ahead and think about what financial goals you want to strive for. For example, jobs have no guarantee on them. We are all "at will" employees and our bosses can let us go at any time. Gone are the days of working for the same employer for decades. So, you have to think of strategies to keep your income growing years down the road. My plan is to create my own business. In this way I can control my own destiny to a greater degree than working for someone. Also, I can learn a lot about myself, which will help me grow as a person too.
See Mr. T, I am not going to a fool for you to pity!
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment