"So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you."
This is very important to me in kung fu. Recently, my master has been using me a lot to fight the door. This means when people visit the school, he asks me to spar with them so they can get a feel of what our school is about.
This is a lot of pressure because I don't know them at all. To fight someone and not get hit is a challenge, but that is what my master expects. So now I go into these situations with a new perspective. Before I fight, I put my faith in God to the forefront. I believe God will have a plan for me whatever the outcome, so I do not concern my self with getting hurt. Even when I fought someone who outweighed me by about 100 pounds, I put my trust in God.
This is what I get from this Bible verse: God is here to protect you when you are defending what is right.
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment