Thursday, September 27, 2007

Spirituality: Luke Chapter 6 Verse 38

The more I read the Bible, the more I realized that it is full of real world advice about how to live your life. Here's an example that I received from my kung fu master, Master Lee. Luke 6:38 says,"Give and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full - pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back."

This verse is something I believe in. If you do a good deed, then you will be rewarded. One way of looking at this is the way social work operations work. Non-profit organizations that help people in the community give goods and services to people in need. In return, they are making the community they live in a better, safer place to live in.

Another way to look at this verse is like "paying it forward". If you do something good for someone, then when you are in need, someone will help you. There is not any logical reason why this is true, but in my experience, things tend to work out that way. It is kind of like Karma. If you encourage positive energy, then that energy is around you and good things happen. I follow this philosophy.

No comments: