Friday, July 13, 2007

Programming: Intro

Good morning everyone! This will be my programming day. I will discuss computer science theory and give information that I've found out that might be of interest to others. I started studying computer programming late in life. Receiving my BS in Computer Science from the University of Arizona in May 2006, I completed my degree in two and a half years because I already had a BS in Geology from the College of William and Mary. I've been at my programming job for a little over a year now. It has definitely been an experience different than jobs I've had in the past.

I am by no means an expert hacker, but I think I have a different perspective than many others in the field. I'm just an average guy who worked really hard, and I was able to graduate with a 3.6 from the University of Arizona. My secret wasn't an innate ability, but was discipline and working with others (learning from and teaching my peers).

Programming can be complex, but much of it is common sense. Hopefully, I can show that to you.

OK, tune in tomorrow for a discussion on nutrition!

No comments: