Thursday, July 12, 2007

Wing Chun Fut Kung Fu: Intro

Since I was a kid, I've always wanted to learn a martial art. Growing up, there was Saturday afternoon programming called Kung Fu Theater that I loved to watch. I think the thought of having special powers excited me and still does to this day. OK, so Kung Fu is not about being able to fly through trees or kick when your body is horizontal to the ground, but I now find my interest in it has gotten even greater through what I've learned about myself through fighting.

This section is not going to be a tutorial on my style of Kung Fu. Instead, I am going to chronicle the lessons I have learned and am learning while I continue my training. There are six belt levels, and I am currently on the second level, yellow belt. In this weekly topic, I will go into some of the details of school, such the meaning of belt levels and daily activities within the school.
Our school is run by Master Lee, and he also teaches and fights with us, never hurting us and never getting hit himself. One day, I want to be a master just like Master Lee. Here is our school website:
http://www.kungfulifestyle.com/

Tomorrow I will be discussing programming, and tune in next week for more discussions on my Kung Fu journey!

No comments: